Cuisine from Genesis...

Zucchini Pesto Pasta


Oh, man. First off, I want to thank Hazel for allowing me to post on my kitchen adventures. Secondly, welcome to my kitchen adventures! My name is Genesis and I’m a college sophomore with a knack for trying, making and eating new things. I don’t cook often (I’m a college student, remember?), but when I do, boy does it have to be good--and cute, but that’s another story. 

For my first post I thought long and hard to remember what the last tasty dish I made was. And then it hit me. I ate this totally whacky dish at one of these 2C4S (too cool for school, obv.) place not too long ago. It was pasta, but so much more than pasta. And it was pesto, but so much more than pesto. It was...ZUCCHIN PESTO “PASTA.”

Now before you go running for the door, hear me out! I rolled my eyes as much as the next person, but it made me stop in my tracks and just order it. And I remember thinking, this shouldn’t taste good. It was green! ON TOP OF GREEN! but alas, I ate my words (and everything on the plate) and just had to make it at home. So without further adieu, here it is:


1 zucchini cut into strips (I have a mandolin that makes the job easy peasy, but you can use a peeler and make ribbons instead)

1 tomato

2 cups of spinach

1 clove of garlic

2 handfuls of basil

1 tsp olive oil

1 tsp soy sauce

salt + pepper to taste

optional: chili powder, lemon juice, curry powder and coconut milk for an Indian flair

- Place tomato, spinach, basil, garlic, soy sauce and olive oil in food processor or blender and pulse until semi-smooth consistency

- Arrange your “pasta” (can we even really call them that?) on your plate and spoon on the sauce

- Eat!

Genesis is Hazel Loves Design's new food contributor! I hope you enjoyed this first meal... get ready for loads more fun meals.

No comments: