PAPER MOON

You may recall that I recently did a shout out looking for Friends to come on board as part of our new blogging partnership, today I'd like to introduce you to the Oh. So. Fabulous Leanne of Paper Moon, not only do I love her blog ethos, I also love her writing style and flair. I just know we will be fantastic friends! 

My children's kindy paintings I cut up to make some wall art for our home.

A little glimpse of our kitchen with generational wedding photos
and possibly the teeniest tiniest tin collection ever going on.

My space is called Paper Moon, taken from Ella Fitzgerald's song of the same name, because I liked the idea that while blogging can be quite a vulnerable exercise at times, the blogging community is also where I have found great support with like-minded people. Increasingly, we are exposed to a world that can seem quite contrived so I like to keep things real and document both the successes and failures that go along with my creative pursuits and interests. It is a place where I share my home, my hobbies and my heart and snapshots of our life here in Wellington. I love to sew and crochet and take on DIY projects that are quite often beyond my capabilities. We live in a new home that my architect husband designed on a very small budget and we've been slowly adding our own style to it over the years. Needless to say, it is still very much a work in progress!

My children's kindy paintings I cut up to make some wall art for our home.

I'm loving recent Kiwi global successes in music and literature.

I'm making a colourful mess in my dining area sewing for summer markets.

I'm seeing more overseas travel in my future. Or, it could just be wishful thinking.

What's hot right now: Neon. Channing Tatum. Channing Tatum in neon.

What's always hot: Interiors that reflect the true personality of the people who live there.

I love fabric, trims, peonies, vintage china, expansive flat lawns, being in the company of creative people.

I've just bought: More fabric. It's my not-so-secret addiction.

What inspires my interiors is clean lines, a touch of industrial, a mixture of vintage finds, modern furniture and pops of colour.

My favourite thing to buy is books. I can't see myself ever falling in love with the idea of snuggling up in bed with an Ipad.

The hot trend right now: Coloured lighting cables and copper light fittings with exposed oversized bulbs.

I adore chalkboard art and anyone who can draw freehand.

Inspiring my creativity is my children. Always my children. I have their art on my walls and love to sew for them.

A Mundus chair I painted paired with some cushions I made
and some of my night-time reading material.

A selection of Santa sacks I am currently making for my friend to sell
at the upcoming summer markets here in Wellington.

No comments: