Beauty Resolutions for 2013

It's a rather peaceful time of the year in the world of beauty. Stores begin to clear their shops of last year's Christmas Collections to make way for new ranges, makeup artists start to plan looks for the up & coming Fashion Weeks & the beauty fans at home start putting their Christmas beauty gifts to use. A new year signals a change in the beauty world, whether that be through trends, or how you choose to approach beauty.

Today I'm going to share with you some of my beauty resolutions for 2013. I'd encourage you to try these yourselves & let me know your beauty goals in the comments below!



1. Be luxurious. Burn your favourite scented candle, spritz your bedroom & linen with your favourite scent. Don't do it because you have to, do it because you can. This candle by Tocca is perfect for those times when you want an indulgent scent to perfume the air & make you feel just that little bit more luxurious on an otherwise ordinary day. 

2. Be bold (literally). Beauty forecasts for 2013 predict that bold colours, particularly those worn on both the lips & the eyes are here to stay this year. Be brave here, with the return of MAC's Candy Yum-Yum lipstick you can rock the bold lip. If eye makeup is more your thing, how about a coloured eyeliner instead of the traditional black to line your eyes, maybe a sprinkle of glittery eyeshadow...the possibilities are endless here!

3. Be pampered. We all know that one of the best ways to feel better is by pampering ourselves. I Love...'s range of bath & body products are perfect for that pick me up you might need. It helps that they are reasonably affordable & smell amazing too! Having a relaxing bath or shower with some of my bath & body products is one of my favourite things to do when my spirits need lifting.




4. Do splurge (when you deserve to). Everyone's entitled to a little treat or reward every now & then. I'm saving this divine Jo Malone fragrance for a special occasion. Once I reach one of my personal goals I'll splurge on this little lovely.

5. Be awake. I am not a morning person at all so anything that wakes me up in the morning gets a big tick of approval in my books. Lately I've been using Lush's Snow Fairy Shower Gel (from their Christmas Collection) & a Loofah to lather the shower gel up. It smells like lollies & always leaves me feeling a lot more alert in the mornings.

6. Try new brands. I'll be venturing outside my comfort zone this year & trying more products from brands like Bobbi Brown, Benefit, Nars, I Love... & more. It's exciting to shake things up & try new things, you should do it too! 


This post was guest written by Nana Wintour of Nana Wintour blog. Nana Wintour is a second year University student. She loves fashion, art & all things fabulous. You can also find her on Facebook & Pinterest.

No comments: