Chickpea and Spinach Pesto


It has been a while, and I apologize! I have been swamped with work and school and have been eating the same variation of oatmeal for the past couple of weeks. However, I finally got some time to actually cook up something, like with a stove...and utensils; it was crazy. I bring you a mild, mellow version of a somewhat cult classic: Pesto.

Everyone I know seems to have their own opinions on it. There are purist who reject anything but the traditional recipe and enthusiast, which will eat anything. This version, I think, combines the best of both worlds. You have your garlic-y, green-y goodness combined with a surprising element.

5 cups of baby spinach
1 can of chickpeas
1 T. of extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. of sea salt
1/4 cup of pistachios
3 cloves of garlic
pinch of red pepper flake (omit if you aren't a fan of the spicy; I understand)
3 T. of water to thin out the sauce

Put inside your food processor and let it whirl until you arrive at a semi-thick consistency (remember to add water as you go to get it perfect). Toss with your favourite pasta shape and enjoy!

3 comments:

Josie Skipper said...

Ooh sounds amazing, going to try this tonight!

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

Thank you so much for your return Genesis! I have missed you so! And you have picked one of my all time favourite dishes to showcase too!! xo

neon genesis said...

You guys are very sweet!

Hope the recipe was a success, Josie.