Carrot and Ginger Potato Puree

I'm a sucker for pretty colours, especially if I can eat them because we all know we eat with our eyes first. This dish came to me after wanting some carrot and ginger juice, but only having baby carrots. I'm not sure if any of you have tried to juice baby carrots, it just doesn't work! However, I'm glad it didn't because this puree is just delicious. I was scraping all of the goodness out of the blender, you'd think I hadn't eaten in days.





I chopped up four baby russet potatoes, a stalk of celery, four handfuls of baby carrots, two big cloves of garlic and a 1" slice of ginger. I let them steam for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables were tender. Then I added them into a blender, let it whirl until it was a creamy emulsion of goodness and served it in a bowl with sliced tomatoes, red onions and avocado topped with some salt and pepper. 

No comments: