All great things come in small packages, but...

that just means I get to eat more of them! Right? That's how that works...Anyway, I like making mini versions of things because they're cute and you can fool yourself into thinking you are eating more, but really you're eating the same amount of the normal sized stuff. I present my latest mini creation: Mushroom Paninis!


They were done on mini loaves (MINI LOAVES?! THE CUTEST!) from my local bakery--all bread should be fresh and baked by magic hands, believe me on this. You'll need:

- Bread for you paninis
- mushrooms
- roasted red pepper (they come in jars, thanks supply and demand!)
- chopped garlic
- olive oil
- 1/4 of a chopped onion

First, preheat a bit of olive oil in a skillet and toss in your chopped garlic and onions. Stir them around a bit until they start looking transparent. Next, add your mushrooms. Now, I didn't specify the cut (slice, chop, etc) because that's totally up to you. I suggest slicing them up so they lie perfectly on the bread. Allow them to cook for about 10 minutes or so until the mushrooms are nice and brown and mixed with the fragrant garlic and onions.

Panini assembling time! I used a George Foreman (he's adorable and makes good grills!) but another skillet is perfectly fine. Brush your bread (or drizzle) with a bit more olive oil and place your mushroom mixture inside (brush/drizzle on the final slice and place on top, but you guys know sandwich mechanics, right?). Then place it on the grill and press, or on the skillet and press with a spatula, wait about two minutes or so and flip to the other side to repeat the process.

And you're done! Slice in half, or just eat it all!

No comments: