CRAFT LOVE FESTIVAL - House on the Hill


Hi everyone,  I'm Jackie from House On The Hill Design.
I have always loved making things, from sewing to all manner of crafts as I was growing up.  My mum was my biggest influence, she would whip up all sorts of little dresses for my dolls (from scraps of my own clothes) as I stood beside her waiting for the finished item!  What ever I wanted to make, she would help me figure out a way of doing it.


I'm all grown up now with kids of my own (and they have grown up too!)  When they were little I started creating little wooden painted animals and houses and tried out different painting techniques.  I gradually developed my own rustic style that has evolved over the years to include an eclectic mix of vintage ephemera and fabrics along with distressed paint finishes.










I am very influenced by French and European styles and I run painting classes teaching others how to make things look aged and how to work with different materials and colours.  It's hard to make a living from hand making everything so I have produced a range of patterns and books to help people create their own versions.  The fun is in creating and sharing with others, I am always blown away when I see someone else's interpretation of one of my designs.



I love working with colour and also go out to people's homes to help with their interior colour schemes.






You can contact me through my website, www.houseonthehilldesign.co.nz and you can see the things we make in the classes in the Gallery.  You can also follow what I'm up to on Facebook.



Hope to see you at the Craft Love Festival,
Jackie

1 comment:

Happy Gardening, Kim said...

You do beautiful work!
KIM from Mommie...Again