{CRAFT LOVE FESTIVAL} The Cake Eating Co.

Today is the first of the blog posts introducing some of the fabulous stall holders that you will be able to discover at the Craft Love Festival in a couple of weeks time!

I am Jamie aka The Cake Eating Co. I make boutique cakes, chocolates and desserts for sale at markets and shops in Christchurch. I am chef turned pastry chef and chocolatier, mother of chef minion #1.



What makes your craft unique? My food is inspired by patisseries around the world as well as all the delicious produce I find around Canterbury. My goal is to make a product that blends these two together and celebrates the best of both. 

Who is your muse? My husband. He makes a weird suggestion for a food then stares at me as I go through my crazy thinking out loud process of creating a dessert.




What do you love about selling at markets? Two things:
1-being a chef I have spent most of my working life stuck in a kitchen and never really interacting with the people who eat my food. It is such a thrill to get positive feedback about what people love and what they want.
2-the 'market commerce'. I love being able to trade cakes for other goodies! Who doesn't love a barter system

What does the term ‘Indie Design’ mean to you? Something that is made by a small independent producer. Pretty much always top quality, unique, quirky and totally fun.

You can find Jamie on her website or on Facebook


No comments: