{KIWI TOUCH} Fabric Fixation...



Let us introduce to you the fabulous Amanda from Fabric Fixation....


Clicking on... Pinterest. I love this site. It is so inspirational but the only problem is my 'Thing to Make' album and my 'Craft Ideas' album keep getting bigger and i still haven't made anything from them.

Following... Just a Little Bit Cute's blog. This is my 'happy' blog which is full of prettiness and I just love the fact that it's local. I also follow 'Made' which is an American blog with cute kid's clothing ideas as well as 'Make It Perfect' Blog.

Thinking About... On a serious note - how to keep and build customers when you have an online business. It's really hard when you are only online and competing against actual stores. This is usually what keeps me awake at night, pondering how I get get my name out across NZ.

Listening to... These days it's pretty much Lilly's music. The Wiggles usually rock our house but sometimes at night when I shut myself in my fabric room you are likely to hear Greenday, Chris Renee, Bruno Mars, + a little Johnny Cash (blame my student days at Otago Uni for that one)

Saving for... I would love to have a bigger fabric room where all my bolts of fabric have their own shelves, with a full sized cutting table & a sewing table set up permanently with my sewing machine & overlocker on it. Ahh dreams are wonderful things!

Obsessed with... well fabric obviously! I have this thing where I own my own fabric business but I hate using my own fabrics to make things for Lillyput Designs. I can't explain it but I just prefer to keep my fabrics for other people to buy instead of using it myself.

I'm also a neat freak. I hate mess & things being out of place (my poor family) So I spend lots of time re-organizing things. Plus I guess I better admit that I'm addicted to Shortie St and have been for years (well actually I'm just helping to keep New Zealand actors in a job)

Reading... Oh where to start. For laughs I love Sophie Kinsella and wish she would hurry up and release a new book. I've just finished another Karen Slaughter & also a Jodi Picoult books (my favourite authors) so I love a bit of a thriller. Then I have my Sunday lie in reads which are always Molly Makes or Your Home & Garden Mags.

Doing... Ordering new fabrics at the moment. All my suppliers are getting back in touch after the Christmas break. We live on 10 acres so there is always plenty of things to do at home. I've also just bought a glass house which we have spent the last couple of weekends putting it up.

Excited About... My markets coming up. I love meeting my customers face to face. My 10 year wedding anniversary in April and also something else which I will announce in April as well (wink wink)

Meet Amanda for yourself on Facebook
Visit her website
Or email: fabricfixation@gmail.com


No comments: