The Real Surfers Paradise

  Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast.
The city receives so much bad press and I'm sure it's due to the after-dark
happenings, however here is the real Surfers Paradise.
In the daytime. As beautiful as it really is.










I always take photos of these trees - don't know why.








Now, I must admit it's not too often you see graders on the beach. We've lost so much sand
recently, it's really sad to see the erosion. Most of the stairways are being rebuilt too.





About this time each year work begins on building seating for the GC600 (that's a car race
where the cars literally race through the streets of Surfers and Main Beach). The track is the road.
I love watching the stands, corporate boxes and "track" being built slowly. The anticipation builds
for the three day event that draws people from all over Australia.
It's huge and it's on at the end of October.




And the AquaDuck. A real tourist attraction. A bus/boat that begins the tour right in the middle ofSurfers paradise and goes to Marina Mirage/Palazzo Versace - then does a "duck dive" into the water and thetour continues around the Broadwater. The duck is always fun to watch.
I just wish it could have stopped while I got the photo right! Not good at lining these things up...




Perfect! I love it.
Enjoy the rest of your day,

Donna x


No comments: