Today I'm going to talk you through the products I use for my day makeup & why I use them. If you want to make this look a little bit more exciting then you can apply eyeshadow &/ reflects glitter to your lids to draw attention to the eye area, or wear a lipstick or tinted gloss, or perhaps both.
If you have any products you'd like me to cover or want to know how I achieve certain makeup looks then head on over to my Facebook page & leave a comment. Alternatively you can just comment below this post. Enjoy!
1. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, $54 for 50mL. -This product is part of my skincare regime & I apply it in the morning & before bed. It is incredibly hydrating (especially if your skin is prone to dryness) & will leave it smooth.
2. Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub, $12.20.
3. Maybelline Baby Lips in Mango Pie, $4.30. -I put a coat of the scrub & then the lip balm on my lips to provide some extra hydration before I put my lip products on. Not all lipsticks & glosses are hydrating for the lips so this helps protect them a bit.
4. MAC Fix+ Spray, $27.00. -I spritz this before, after & even on days when I'm not wearing makeup. Your skin will love you for this. Beauty Water works just as effectively.
5. MAC 190 Foundation Brush, $75.00.
6. MAC Studio Moisture Tint in Medium, $48.00. -This is a great alternative to foundation. I find it's the right consistency as it is not too thick. It also has the added benefits of being a moisturiser & containing SPF15.
7. Concealer Brush.
8. Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste, $26.00. -Apply this to your face with a concealer brush & then blend it in with your fingers.
9. MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium, $24.00.
10. Natio Blusher Brush, $12.99.
11. Natio Blush in Rouge Glow, $13.95. -This blush is fantastic for cooler-tones. It adds radiance to the cheekbones without being too overpoweringly pink.
12. Eyebrow Brush & Comb.
13. Natio Pure Mineral Eye Brightener, about $17.00.
14. MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Light Boost, $42.00. -Usually if I'm not wearing eyeshadow I only apply this under the eyes to hide any dark spots.
15. MAC Hey Sailor! Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Handforged, $34.00. -This goes along the waterline to brighten up the eye. White pencils work just as well here.
16. MAC Technakohl Liner in Graphblack, $35.00. -Liquid liners are not my best friend so I love this retractable pencil. It is easy to apply & lasts well.
17. MAC Opulash Mascara in Optimum Black, $33.00.
18. MAC Lip Conditioner, $20.00
19. MAC Hey Sailor! Suntints Liquid Lip Balm in Abatone, $28.00 -This lip balm has a slight pink tint to it so your lips aren't completely nude. It is extremely hydrating & isn't as tacky as other liquid balms can be.
-All product photography has been sourced directly from the brand's websites.
-All Natio Products are priced in Australian Dollars except for #13.
-All MAC Cosmetics Products are priced in Australian Dollars.
-Benefit Products are priced in American Dollars.
-Kiehls, Lush & Maybelline are priced in New Zealand Dollars.
-This post was guest written by Nana Wintour of Nana Wintour blog. Nana Wintour is a second year University student. She loves Fashion & Musical Theatre & is never without a notebook, pen & camera by her side.