Move Over Potatoes


Those aren't mashed potatoes--I know! Me too! This uncontrollable feeling came over me when I saw the loneliest head of cauliflower in my fridge. It was practically begging to be used in some way, shape or form. Yet there's only so much you can do with cauliflower, I mean...there isn't a definitive way of using cauliflower considering there in a number of different dished. However something about pureeing it really appealed to me and I'm ever so glad it did because this might be my new favourite way of enjoying broccoli's underrated cousin. First, I chopped up the cauliflower and quickly steamed it. Now while I used the microwave, I'm sure purest will go the stove route. After about 7 minutes, I placed it in my food processor with a clove of garlic some salt and a bit of pepper. I pulsed it until it became a smooth consistency, similar to that of mashed potatoes and that's it! A little drizzle of olive oil, a pad of butter or coconut oil and you have a guilt free side dish that will please even the pickiest eaters. I literally could not get enough! Next time I think I'll add some lemon zest and a bit of crushed red pepper for some brightness and bite. Enjoy.

No comments: