A French Twist


Lately I have been a bit obsessed with French food, or at least I think I am. I am been gawking at the glossy pages of French cookbooks for what seems hours. I have researched indigenous ingredients and have developed quite a craving for them. This is my attempt at making something resemble the French philosophy: quick and simple, but oh so satisfying. It's a take on a classic mushroom salad with some extras. 

You'll need:

Four button mushrooms

1/4 c of chopped parsley

1/2 a lemon

1 tsp of olive oil

Sea salt

Freshly ground black pepper

To assemble, thinly slice your mushrooms (actually, wash them first!) and chop your parsley. In a bowl mix the juice of half of your lemons (or a whole lemon if you prefer your dressing on the acidic side), the olive oil, salt and pepper and them add your parsley and mushrooms. Toss until all incorporated and eat. I find the dish does well when marinated in the fridge for about an hour. The mushrooms kind of cook in the acid and become soft, absorbing all of the dressing. 

I served mine with a side of savory oats (that recipe will be coming soon). Enjoy!



No comments: