Quick and easy use of sweet potatoes



This happened when I spotted a lonely sweet potato in my basket and more lonely ingredients in my fridge (it was the even before grocery shopping). I'm really, really happy with how this turned out. After it was done I was lonely and sad and added this to my regular repeated meals because it was so delicious and simple! Baked sweet potato cubes and a tangy "salsa" or "relish."

First, rinse and cut your sweet potato into about 1/2" cubes, lay them on a cookie sheet sprayed with a bit of nonstick cooking spray. Now, bake them for about 10 - 15 or until they are fork tender and start browning up a bit.

For the salsa/relish, you'll need:

half an onion
marinated artichoke hearts
1/2 c. of sliced grape tomatoes

Slice your onion thinly and add as many artichoke hearts--including the liquid!--as your heart desires. Finally toss in the grape tomatoes and mix it all up.

Now, after you have removed your sweet potato from the oven and it has cooled down a bit, transfer it into a plate or bowl of your choice and add the salsa/relish right on top.

See! Super simple and exceptionally delicious. Enjoy!

No comments: