Single Serving Blueberry Corn Cake


Funny thing happening here: I was so excited to dig into this blueberry filled square that I almost forgot to take a picture of it! Now that I got that out of the way--and into my belly--we can talk about it.

I think we're into the realm of desserts, but even then I (I mean you) could eat this anytime of day! It's sweet, tangy, moist, and creamy; what dreams are made of, really. And what is even better is that it is a single serving! Unless...you...want...more...? That is totally okay too. Let's get started!

**preheat your oven to 350 degrees

For mini blueberry corn cake: 

2 T. of blueberries, fresh or frozen

3 T. whole wheat flour

3 T. corn meal

3/4 c. of liquid. Now, I'm fairly vague here because there are so many choices. Milk, water, fresh fruit juice, a mix--its all  up to you! I used almond milk in this specific one.

1/8 tsp of baking soda

1 T. of agave, maple syrup, honey or you can substitute 2 T of plain sugar

- Mix all of the ingredients in an oven-safe dish (make sure to spray your dish with cooking spray!); Place in oven for 10 - 15 minutes

For creamy almond butter sauce:

2 T of almond butter

2 T of almond milk to thin out

1/2 T. of agave

- Place in microwave safe dish and heat for about 30 seconds or until it is all melted

Remove mini-cake and dress in sauce. Enjoy!

1 comment:

georgia ~ gi gi said...

Ooooo looks yummy!
Thanks for sharing :)
Hope all is well down under! Are you still enjoying Summer?
Lots of love
gi gi